Monday, April 6, 2009

Welcome ...

For those who know me, you know that I used to have a blog at msdn (http://blogs.msdn.com/policy_based_business), and I used to work for Microsoft. Well, that all changed in early 2009 when my incubation was de-funded, and then in March when I headed out on my own.

I am now consulting and working on software for capturing, analyzing and using the "implicit" ontologies and domain knowledge that exists in business people's heads. The work is based on several technologies addressing:
  • ontology development and alignment
  • controlled natural language processing
  • semantic web
  • knowledge engineering
  • business process development and modeling
  • and more!
... all accessed through normal business tooling like Word and Excel!

What I will try to do in my posts is to explain the technology and how it can be useful. My goal is to communicate with both business and IT people - providing summaries, additional thoughts, and technical details. I also will provide pointers to the basic information and research, as well as a pointers to my own work. There is a lot out there, if you have the time to investigate it!

So, please stay tuned. And, I hope that this blog will be of great value to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment