Thursday, January 9, 2014

Restarting my blog and research

Thanks to everyone who has stuck with me over the past few years as I got consumed in projects and neglected my blog. That phase of my life was officially over in mid-December (2013). I just joined a small consulting firm, Nine Points Solutions. I now have the opportunity to both consult and to continue my research into extracting and managing policies in support of security, configuration and operations. I am very excited to have the opportunity to do this, and will share what I am doing and what I learn (when I can).

As part of restarting the blog, I did go through and clean up my overviews and list of blogs that I read. Please take a look and tell me about any blogs that I missed and that you find valuable. I didn't change the overall design of the site, because it works for me. But, let me know if that is not true for you, my readers.

Lastly, I want to bring everyone up-to-speed (at a very high level) on my work over the last two+ years ... I had the opportunity to architect and create a policy-based management system based on OWL ontologies and using semantic technologies. The system was written in Java and used the Stardog triple store from Clark and Parsia. Needless to say, I made mistakes, got a lot of help from the Stardog developers, and learned a lot. I will be sharing some of that learning in future posts.

Thanks again! I am looking forward to writing more in the coming weeks!

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment